Monday, 13 February 2012

Please, Mr Crocodile

This is a game that kids can't seem to get enough of. I've been using it for a long, long time so the book I found it in, may well be out of print by now. I'm pretty sure, if my memory serves me well, that I did in fact get it from a book but for the life of me I can't remember which one.

It's a really simple game:
  • Draw a river on the floor
  • You choose one child to be Mr Crocodile
  • Mr Crocodile stands at the top of the river
  • The other children stand on one side of the river and shout PLEASE, MR CROCODILE
  • Mr Crocodile shouts out a colour or an article of clothing and if you are wearing that colour or article of clothing you can cross the river
  • Mr C counts to three and the remaining children have to make a dash across the river
  • If he catches you, you become the crocodile
HAVE FUN!

You could give out flashcards and use it to recycle vocabulary.

1 comment:

  1. This is a fabulous example of the kind of article we love to share. Practical "plug and play" activities.
    Looking forward to hearing from you!

    ReplyDelete